Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th

Went to El Alamo last night for July 4th. I had to go there because its the most American place here. I thought I was going to go this year without fireworks but they actually set some off on the roof. They were pretty cool but the ash got in my hair. I guess that's just the price I had to pay. There was a thunderstorm earlier today. Weird winter rain shower.

Oh, I don't have swine flu yet, which is good. I have an idea about why it is bad here. Everyone loves kissing each other here, sort of like in the US when you shake someones hand, here they kiss instead. I mean really it's flu season, maybe they should take a break with all the kissing for a month or two. I was explaining this to someone last night and they agreed. We kissed good bye though, so I don't think my talk was very effective in changing things.

1 comment:

  1. Cool that you got to see some fireworks to celebrate the 4th! So, how are you meeting people there? Through your Spanish class, or are you meeting them out at bars/clubs/etc? Are you working during the day (online) and then meeting folks out at night - or do you work at night, too? Please tell us about a typical day in Argentina!!!!

    ReplyDelete