Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Part 2

Sorry, I haven't really felt like blogging in a while. I really have been busy studying Spanish a lot recently. I hate it when I can't understand people here. They talk so damn fast and the dialect is called Castellano. It is much different than what they speak in Mexico and Spain. All the double L's and Y's are said like shh and the tu form is replaced with the vos form complete with all different conjugations. It sounds like Italian actually or so I've been told. Couple times I was confused today actually. Once when the lady at the grocery store check out was trying to explain that I needed to have a bar code on my oranges. So that took a while. And the other when the lady who washes my clothes was trying to explain I was missing a sock. Yes, she takes her job seriously and obviously it's laying on my floor somewhere in my apartment.

As for the rest of my day goes. I usually watch Friends at 1 or take a siesta after lunch if I'm tired. In the afternoon/early evening I work online playing poker. I don't consider myself a professional but more just someone who can make a living from it and hasn't been ready to get another job yet. It does have it's perks though such as work only when I want and pay-checks in American dollars. However I wouldn't recommend anyone to take up poker now. There are too many good players now as opposed to when I started and it's just so much harder.
At night I get together with friends that I've met through poker or through expat forums and have dinner or go out. I have a few local friends too but not many. I really would like to meet more becuase talking with them you learn Spanish so much faster. Anyway dinner is at about 10ish and if I go out it's after 12 usually. The bars don't close here and the locals can stay out well past sunrise so nothing gets going until after 1am at least. I probably went out too much last month, I have been trying to curb that habit recently. Thanks for reading, I'll try to post my next blog sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment