Saturday, June 20, 2009

Last Night

Went to a fancy restaurant last night called Quimbombo http://www.quimbombo.com.ar/ It over looks the Buenos Aires skyline on the third floor, very cool view. I had some coronas and teriyaki chicken. It was a very good restaurant. After dinner I went to a bar called sugar. Most of the people there were from the US or England studying here. It was pretty cool, heres their blog with lots of pictures of the place http://sugarbuenosaires.blogspot.com/ You can tell which girls are from Argentina by which ones have the bangs. That hairstyle is super popular with girls here. One thing I like about that bar is that its non smoking until 2. As soon as 2 hits though the whole bar lights up including all the bartenders. Everyone smokes here in general. I think that's one big reason why the girls are all skinny here.

At one point during the evening I look into my beer and there is a huge dead cockroach floating in it. I still don't understand how it got there. I haven't seen one bug the whole time I have been here. I guess it was crawling on the roof, died then fell into my glass. One in a million shot? I showed the guy behind the bar my beer and he said "oh man thats crazy they spray here all the time" and he gave me a replacement beer. At the end of the night I bought a bottle of cheap champagne, shared it with my friend and then walked home. I think for the whole night I spent about 40 dollars. Pretty fair price for a first class meal and a night out.

4 comments:

  1. 5 days and no update?? Don't you at least have some news about the woman having an affair with the Gov of SC? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, come on Jon! We need another post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a blog follower!!! Katie resent the link to me......I had lost it the first time, sorry, but you're now a favorite. I was going to suggest you get yourself a noise maker.....they even offer ones that make a creepy heartbeat sound.......but I'm glad to read you got yourself some nifty earplugs! You need to get your rest, so you have lots of energy for exploring! Have fun and post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh sorry! Muchos posts this week!

    ReplyDelete