Sunday, June 14, 2009

So last night me and my friend Gerry went out to this very nice restaurant in Palermo called Miranda. This was probably the most trendy restaurant in Buenos Aires. I passed by numerous empty restaurants on my way there but this place was packed. If you have an Argentine girlfriend this was the place to come. It was a very romantic place. Naturally me and Gerry looked pretty gay. The food was pretty awesome though. You can't get steaks like that in the US. When the check came I convinced Gerry to play credit card roulette with me. This is where you have the waiter pick which card to use without looking. It wasn't very easy explaining this to the waiter but he finally got it. Luckily I won and had a free dinner. After dinner we went to a bar in Plaza Cerrano. It was pretty cool, very laidback. After that we went to this enormous club somewhere in Palermo called Crowbar. It's a sister club to the one in Miami? This place was like an airplane hangar full of people dancing to techno. I met a bunch of local girls, one of which broke my heart. :( I had read before that the girls here will play crazy games with you. I now believe that and more. What the hell? Oh well, I ended up leaving about 3 and got a cab. When I left there was still a huge line trying to get into that place. The cab driver seemed really nice and he spoke a little english. I complained to him about the girls and such on the way home. When I got home all I had was a hundred peso bill to pay with. He took my hundred bill and gave me another one and was like OK it's cool. So i got out of the cab and I was like "sweet free cab ride." Then I thought for one second and was like damn I got scammed. He gave me a fake hundred. It wasn't even a very good fake either. Heartbroken and drunk I must have been like the easiest target ever. I made that guy's night for sure. Oh well it's kinda cool having some fake pesos and it was only about 30 bucks. Live and learn I suppose. Here is a picture of the fake money. The bill on top is real. Notice the watermark on the right side of the real one. .

No comments:

Post a Comment