Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Made it!

Got to Miami at about 3pm on Friday. Had to get my bag from baggage claim and walk from terminal A to terminal J. If you look at a Miami Airport map you would see that these terminals could not be farther away from each other. It was a fun walk. When I checked in with Argentina Airlines I tried walking away from the counter without my boarding pass. Luckily they yelled at me and I got it. After I checked my bag in I went through security without a hitch and got a nine dollar sandwich from one of the terminal's shops. The flight from Miami was good besides I didn't sleep a wink. They served the flight a very tasty dinner of chicken, vegetables, potatoes, salad and dessert. Also they had free glasses of wine. Which I thought was weird. Free wine? I didn't have any because at that time I was unaware they were free. I saw some really crazy lightning storms above the Amazon. I passed most of the time by listening to past episodes of This American Life on my ipod. They served us breakfast about an hour before we got off the plane, which was also tasty. When we got off the plane we had to wear medical masks and fill out swine flu forms. Once I got my bag and made it through customs I got a taxi. I thought I was getting a radio taxi but I didn't. Im sure my Mother is greatly dissapointed after the hour talk on getting only radio taxis. I think the difference between radio taxis and the type that I got is that radio taxis actually obey traffic laws to some extent. My driver was the Dale Earnhardt of Buenos Aires. We flew past those wussy radio taxis! I finally got to my apartment at about 6am. My nieghbor came down and showed me the basics to my apartment and gave me my keys. She's a very nice writer from Colorado. After I slept she came by again and told me some more stuff about the apartment. I went grocery shopping and made some lunch. Then I went on a little walk of my neighborhood followed by a nap. Well thats about it for today. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment